I Will Rejoice . . . Today!
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Consider the following—and rejoice!
1. God commands me to rejoice today—it is His will.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
2. God’s Word is designed to bring me joy.
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full (John 15:11).
3. Answers to prayer give me joy.
Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:24).
4. Joy is the product of the Spirit who lives in me.
But the fruit of the Spirit is . . . joy (Galatians 5:22).
5. My joy in Christ gives me strength for living.
For the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
6. All the Lord has given me is meant to bring me joy.
Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17).
7. God has given me His own Son’s righteousness.
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robes of righteousness (Isaiah 61:10).
8. Although I deserve hell, I have a citizenship in heaven.
Rejoice because your names are written in heaven (Luke 10:20).
9. I can meet today’s difficulties with joy, knowing they prove my faith in God and produce in me godly character.
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience (James 1:2-3).
10. Today brings me one day closer to my death or Christ’s return, either of which will bring me into the presence of my Lord.
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11).
11. suffering for Christ can bring me unspeakable joy.
But rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy (1 Peter 4:13).
12. Every event, circumstance, and condition met with this day is under the absolute and sovereign control of the God who loves me.
The Lord Reigns! Let the earth rejoice! Let the multitudes of isles be glad! (Psalm 97:1).